Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Down Syndrome Response

Today, I have been looking around Blogger and I have come across an article about Down Syndrome. Down Syndrome is a common genetic disorder as one in seven hundred forty newborns get this disease. Sadly, this disease includes the symptoms of slow growth, weak muscles, short wide neck with excess fat and skin, stocky short arms and legs, a single crease across the center of the palm, a pushed up nasal bridge, mental retardation and heart defects. Right now there is no cure for down syndrome but there a special classes for people with Down Syndrome and they help the people who have that disease. I hope that the cure for this disease is found soon as I cannot stand how lucky everyone who doesn't have a genetic disease is. Why do we have to live with all this luck and all these exclusive opportunities that these people do not have? I wish that these people never got these diseases and the same goes with the people who have Down Syndrome. One day I hope a cure is found for most of these diseases. As mooselover189 said, "The DNA for someone with Down Syndrome is three copies of Trisomy 21. To develop a treatment for Down Syndrome, we would need to know what really causes it and can than come up with a treatment from there." So if one day we find out what causes this disease then maybe one day we can cure this horrible disease.
I got this information from mooselover189 from the blog url:
http://mooselover1892.blogspot.com/

No comments: